Please join the community and connect with teachers, families, and students!
The PTA is a non-profit organization (Federal Tax ID# 94-3042896) of Lakeshore parents, relatives, staff, and community members dedicated to ensuring academic, creative, emotional, physical, and social enrichment, and creating the best environment for our children.
Join the PTA for just $10 by completing this form and returning it to the gray PTA lockbox in the office or to your teacher (office preferred). (Download Chinese letter and form.) We also offer online payments.
Becoming a member does not obligate you to volunteer or attend meetings, though only PTA members can vote on PTA issues, and your voice and input are so valuable. Get involved in any way that you find enjoyable!
Who joins the Lakeshore Elementary PTA?
You and your family! Anyone part of Lakeshore Elementary can be a member.
What does the Lakeshore Elementary PTA do?
The Lakeshore Elementary PTA is passionate about building community and creating shared experiences.
Examples of PTA-organized and -sponsored community events:
- New Family Orientation
- First Day Welcome Coffee
- Ice Cream Social
- PTA Fest
- Spring Auction
- Staff Appreciation Luncheons and Week
- Halloween Carnival
- Multicultural Potluck
- Science Fair
- Superhero Saturday
- Summer Playdates
- Greening Days
The Lakeshore Elementary PTA also funds numerous programs and projects, including:
- Core enrichment programs for all students, including Science in the Garden (K-5), Studio Art (K-5), Motor Perception (K-2), and Puberty Education (4-5)
- Pool enrichment programs, which are electives that teachers choose from, including Visual Art, Choral Music, Movement, Afro-Latin Drumming, Yoga, and Capoeira
- Grants to teachers for classroom supplies, reading materials, field trip buses and admission fees, science and math manipulatives, Scholastic newsletter, and celebrations
- Garden enhancements such as a new greenhouse and classroom improvement
- Child care for PTA meetings
How does the Lakeshore Elementary PTA do all that?
Our PTA needs to raise about $102,000 this school year to support the events and programs above. We are running an Annual Giving Campaign to help reach this number.
Another way to help reach this goal is to support the PTA with a membership at $10 per person.
Why should I join the PTA?
- Increase student success. 30 years of research shows that parental involvement is the greatest predictor of student success.
- Make your voice heard. Speak your mind and vote at PTA meetings.
- Support family involvement to build a strong school community.
- Advocate for children by supporting the state and national PTA that campaign on behalf of all our children.
- PTA insurance. You’re covered when volunteering.
- Member discounts: CA Academy of Sciences, Enterprise and Hertz Car Rental, Aquarium of the Pacific, LEGOLAND, Comcast Internet Essentials, Staples, Lifelock, Lifetouch, Boxed, MetLife, Sylvan Learning, and more!
PTA Board 2017-2018
|VP, ONGOING PROGRAMS||Terri Klein|
|VP, FUNDRAISING||Deb Tjoa||debtjoa@LakeshoreElementary.org|
|FINANCIAL SECRETARY||Dara Dubosky|
|ROOM PARENT COORDINATOR||Terri Klein and Marlene Bazdarich||roomparent@LakeshoreElementary.org|
|STAFF LIAISONS||Principal Matthew Hartford, Vice Principal Sheera Sadja, teachers Michael McCauslin and Kelsey Schlueter|